23 November 2015 / Blog
Humans have treasured diamonds for thousands of years–and over that course of time, many legends and superstitions regarding diamonds have developed. Here are a few of the most famous beliefs that were once held about diamonds:
– Diamonds are the tears of the gods
– Diamonds are splinters broken off of the stars
– Cupid was said to have tipped his arrows with diamonds
– Diamonds provide strength and courage in battle
– Diamonds shine brighter when the truth is being told and lose their sparkle upon hearing
– Diamonds can heal physical, emotional, and spiritual pain
– Diamonds are fragments of lightning bolts that have struck the earth.
Today, of course, we know that diamonds are formed under immense pressure below the surface of the earth–however it is fun to learn about all of these ancient traditions.