Six Amazing Facts About Diamonds
9 August 2016 / Blog
Diamonds are among the most magnificent and precious stones on earth. Here are a few astounding facts about these glamorous gems.
● The name “diamond” is derived from the greek word “adamas”, meaning indestructible and perennial.
● Eighty percent of the world’s diamonds are not even suitable for jewelry.
● Ancient Greeks believed that diamonds were fragments of stars that had fallen to earth.
● Diamonds are the single hardest natural substance found on earth.
● The U.S. purchases more than half of the world’s gem quality diamonds.
● Scientists have actually discovered a planet which orbits a star in the Milky Way that is believed to be mostly carbon and one third pure diamond!